A breath of calmness in your busy life. A daily ritual, an act of self care.
What it is:
Gua sha has been practiced in Traditional Chinese Medicine for thousands of years. Perfected throughout the centuries, this jade gua sha tool was built to have a firming, lifting effect on the skin.
Jade is balancing and has naturally cooling properties. It is known as the stone of eternal youth.
What it does:
Besides improving overall health and radiance of the skin, gua sha has a multitude of benefits.
- Promotes lymphatic drainage
- Reduces puffiness and fluid buildup
- Relieves facial and jaw tension
- Aids in circulation to give skin a glow
- Firms and lifts the face over time
Due to natural variations in stone, every tool is unique in color and pattern.
- Start with a clean face and prep skin with a facial oil or serum.
- Keep the tool flat against the face and begin with the forehead. Scrape in an upwards motion from the eyebrows to the hairline.
- Move to the cheeks and scrape in an outwards motion starting from the crease of the nose until the ear.
- Move to the jawline and use the end of the gua sha tool with the two curves. Start from the chin and scrape until the ear. Gently massage the gua sha tool into the ear to release tension.
- For the under-eye area, very gently scrape the gua sha from the inner corner of the eye outwards to the temple. Because the area is so sensitive, it is important to only apply light pressure.