COOKIES MAKE EVERYTHING BETTER.
These little chocolate cookies are not only SUPER YUMMY (beware, risk of addiction!), they are also much healthier than the ones you find on the shelf in your supermarket
around the corner AND they lift your mood thanks to the adaptogens used. What more could you ask for.
Ingredients (makes about 12 cookies)
5 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, melted
80g coconut blossom sugar (if you like it sweeter use 100g)
150g flour (I always use gluten-free flour, wheat or spelt flour are also options)
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons (raw) cacao powder
1 teaspoon Maca powder (optional)
1 teaspoon Eternal Optimist from Natalia Botanicals (optional)
5 tablespoons plant based milk (almond or oat milk are best)
2 tablespoons almond butter (cashew or peanut butter are also options)
pinch of salt
1. Preheat your oven to 170°C fan.
2. Put the melted coconut oil together with the coconut blossom sugar, flour, baking powder, cacao powder, Eternal Optimist, Maca powder and salt in a bowl and mix everything together.
3. Add the plant based milk and almond butter and mix everything thoroughly until you get a slightly crumbly dough. The dough should stick together when you press it
together. If the dough is still too crumbly add some more plant based milk.
4. Use about 1 tablespoon of dough for each cookie, and shape each one into a small ball.
5. Place the cookies on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for about 12 minutes. Leave some space between them as they might spread as they bake.
6. The cookies are still slightly soft when they come out of the oven, which is exactly what we want. Leave them to cool on the tray and they'll finish setting.
7. Enjoy every bite!
Have fun baking and let know if you liked them :)